Wikipedia in the Classroom
Wikipedia editing has proven to be useful in academic courses, can serve as a form of service learning, and can lead to new informal communities of interest on campus. If you are BU faculty or staff and curious about the role of Wikipedia in higher education, please join us on Friday, September 13, 2019 from 10:00am-12:00pm.
Please register below to join us. For more information, please e-mail Laura Jenemann, Communication, Media, & Film Librarian.
- Friday, September 13, 2019
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Estin Room (Mugar 302)
This event will be presented by faculty and staff from BU Libraries, BU CAS Writing Program, Boston University School of Medicine, and Wiki Education. No experience is necessary.
In this workshop we will:
- Share some of the research and projects related to Wikipedia in higher education
- Go behind the scenes to see how Wikipedia works
- Do some hands-on editing in Wikipedia
- Discuss your questions with faculty and staff who are using Wikipedia at BU
Please join us for the entire event, or stop by. Space is limited, so please register.