Wikipedia in the Classroom
Wikipedia editing has proven to be useful in academic courses. It can serve as a form of service learning and can lead to new informal communities of interest on campus. If you are BU faculty or staff and curious about the role of Wikipedia in higher education, please join us online on Thursday, October 29 from 2:00-3:30pm.
This event will be presented by faculty and staff from BU Libraries, BU CAS Writing Program, College of Communication, School of Public Health, and Wiki Education. No experience is necessary.
In this workshop we will:
- Show how Wikipedia has been applied in a Boston University course as an example of Wikipedia in pedagogy at BU.
- Address Wikipedia’s content gaps and how student editors contribute to a more diverse and inclusive Wikipedia.
- Go behind the scenes to see how Wikipedia works.
- Introduce hands-on editing in Wikipedia.
- Meet faculty and staff who use Wikipedia at BU.
Please join us for the entire event, or stop by. Space is limited, so please register. A Zoom invitation will be sent before the event. For more information, please contact Laura Jenemann, Communication, Media, & Film Librarian, email@example.com
Related LibGuide: Wikipedia in the Classroom by BU Libraries
- Thursday, October 29, 2020
- 2:00pm - 3:30pm